Learn what makes Idaho Falls, Idaho a best place to live, including information about things to do and more.
About Idaho Falls
Idaho Falls is a gorgeous city located in Bonneville county along the Snake River and surrounded by the Rocky Mountains. It’s pristine nature and proximity to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks makes it an ideal location for outdoor enthusiasts. Idaho Falls is the state's third largest metro area and offers many opportunities for families of all sizes and ages.
2017 Consensus - Idaho Falls, Idaho
See quick facts below from the 2017 Consensus for Idaho Falls, Idaho:
- Population: 57,098
- Change since 2010: 7%
- Median Home Value: $143,400
- Median Household Income: $48,196
Things to Do In Idaho Falls
- Idaho Falls Zoo at Tautphaus Park: From Spring to Fall, see a broad range of international animals including lions, sloths and penguins. Plus, visit a petting zoo and bird aviary.
- Museum of Idaho: Established in 2003, The Museum of Idaho is a history and science museum featuring local-history exhibits, including items linked to the Lewis and Clark expedition and a re-created 1800s town.
- Idaho Falls River Walk: The falls at Idaho Falls is a manmade 20-ft. waterfall on the Snake River created by a hydroelectric dam & featuring a walkway. The Idaho Falls River Walk covers 5 miles on both sides of the Snake River.
- The Art Museum of Eastern Idaho: Come with your family to browse exhibits, enjoy a children's interactive art learning area, workshop studios and more!
- East Idaho Aquarium: Plan a visit to the East Idaho Aquarium to see a variety of exhibits. From sharks, to starfish, stingrays, iguanas, boas and more!
Building A Home in Idaho Falls
If you are looking to move to Idaho Falls or to build a new custom home in Idaho Falls, contact experienced homebuilders, Guardian Homes to get started. We have a recent new home development in Idaho Falls or can design and build a custom home on a lot you choose. With Guardian, your options are endless.