Drafting and Design Services
Guardian Drafting and Design is our in-house drafting and design services. We offer clients the opportunity to customize their building experience from day one. Our expert draftsman utilizes years of experience, cutting-edge design, and drafting software to offer all types of 3D drafting and design for your home. Guardian strives to provide the highest quality residential construction plans and details.
For your convenience, we use the power of Chief Architect to make the process seamless and easy. At Guardian Drafting and Design, we cover it all: new home design, remodel design, floor plans, and space planning. All home plans produced by Guardian Drafting and Design start from scratch. Whether you bring a sketch on a napkin, ideas from other houses, or tear outs from a magazine, we turn your ideas into the home of your dreams. In the end, we will provide you with a clean, detailed design that is aesthetically beautiful and accurately detailed.
If you live in or are building in Western Wyoming, Southern Montana, Eastern Idaho, Salt Lake City area, or Seattle area we can come to you for one-on-one meetings. We can also meet via video chat or by phone.
Why Design with Guardian?
- Guardian Drafting & Design works with clients to identify and bring to life their needs and desires. We start from scratch and build your home with only you and your family in mind.
- Working with drafting within Guardian Homes allows you to focus on your home while having the support of a team to help you find your style and stay within your budget.
- Guardian Drafting & Design offers 3D images/plans, comparison plan sheets, furniture layouts, and communication with the builder and designer throughout your entire project.
How does the design process work?
- Compile a list of needs and wants. Share your notes and design elements with our draftsman.
- Using your provided details, we will put together a simple main floor layout and have you review it, giving you the opportunity to adjust your floor plan. You will receive two opportunities to adjust your floor plan.
- After the main floor plan is finalized, the upper floor (if applicable) is designed. You will receive the opportunity to review and adjust the floor plan twice.
- After the upper floor is finalized, the basement (if applicable) is designed. You will receive the opportunity to review and adjust the floor plan twice.
- After the floor plans are finalized, we will work with you put the elevations together, making your plans look like your dream home. You will receive two opportunities to review and adjust the elevations before they are finalized.
- As part of your final plans we will draft an electrical plan including any specific wants or needs. A flooring layout will also be completed.
- Once the floor plans and elevations are finalized, the final step is to put together the finalized plans. We will send you the plans for your final approval. After receiving your approval, will send your plans out to bid if you’d like to bid with Guardian Homes or we send you the final plans for your use.
During each step of the drafting process, we limit the sets of revisions to two times. This allows our drafting team to efficiently deliver your plans in a timely manner. You can make any number of changes with each revision. If additional sets of revision are necessary, additional fees with be applicable.
What is included with your House Plans?
- Cover page with General Construction Notes, Building Location, 3D Rendering, and House Size.
- Site plan with Set-Backs and Lot Layout. (Needing Lot Plan)
- Floor Plans with General Notes.
- Roof Layout
- Foundation Plan with General Notes.
- Electrical Plan (Outlets, Lights, Switches, etc.)
- Flooring Plan (Flooring Types with Areas)
- Detailed Exterior Elevations
- Building Sections
- Detailed Interior Wall/Cabinet Elevations
Our plans do not include an Engineering Package. We are happy to help you find a local engineer. We have a list of engineers that we have worked with in the past. Please note that whomever you choose needs to be licensed in the state in which you are building. You are responsible for any additional fees required from an Engineer.
What are the Costs?
Our Plan Cost vary by size of the home:
- 0-3500 Square Feet $2,000
- 3501-6000 Square Feet $2,500
- 6001 and up $3,000
Additional sets of revisions are an extra $200 per set.
How do we start?
- Gather Your Ideas
- Decide what are needs and wants- Prioritize what is important to you.
- Go Pinterest Crazy- Create a board for inspiration
- Take photographs of things you like in other homes
- Start thinking outside the box
- Make an Appointment
- Share your ideas and inspirations
- Be open to suggestions
- Let the creativity flow
Call or email our designer/draftsman
1333 Odyssey Drive
Idaho Falls, ID 83401
2760 Rasmussen Rd Suite D-209
Park City, Utah 84098